Director of Web Development Spring 2015—Present
Building a web department at of United States’ largest student-run newspapers.
- Responsible for designing and implementing engaging webpages for special projects
- Manage staff of 10 students
- Launched redesign of theDP.com and 34st.com, reducing load times and increasing readability. Used PHP’s Twig templating engine.
- Elected to Board of Directors as an at-large member. Participate in high-level company discussion and planning as the company moves to a web-first mindset.
- Responsible for long-term decisions regarding the future of the DP’s web presence
Summer 2016, Summer 2017
Worked as full-stack engineering intern, returning for a second summer.
- Implemented API layer in Scala and the Play Framework using functional programming principles. Currently in use by eight bike share systems and receives 200+ requests per minute
- Worked with and contributed to server-less APIs using AWS Lambda and SQS
- Created PHP-backed dashboards for dispatchers to view real-time system data
- Worked with standards body for the General Bike Share Feed Specification (GBFS)
- Additional work with Ruby (Rails, Sinatra) and Python (Flask)
Worked at a venture-backed startup helping to maintain legacy codebase and transition to a new codebase.
- Created both NodeJS front-ends and Java APIs to implement checkout flows for new products, using user feedback to improve designs.
- Created front-end components for SumAll’s new VueJS-based web application
Bachelor of Arts, Computational Biology
Biology major with strong focus on computer science, data-analysis, modeling, and systems.
Major coursework includes Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science; Automata, Computability and Complexity; Molecular Biology and Genetics; and Advanced Evolution.
Class of 2015
Received highest honors in Computer Science.